Friday, August 22, 2008

Yahoo! Local - India launches 2 more cities

Already rocking Yahoo India's Local have launched for 2 new cities Hyderabad and Kolkata. I tried few queries and got satisfactory results. Well done Yahoo!!!

They have added two localities under both the cities. They have added Park Street and Alipur for Kolkata, and Charminar Area and Banjara Hills for Hyderabad.

Other things I liked about this site is its users participation, Yahoo knows how to get its users to optimize its service. You can contribute on almost all the features they are providing. The best part of the user contribution system they have created is its simplicity... I have never seen such a cool service, at least in India. There are many more local sites in India but this one I found very different and very interesting.... it gives me a feeling of seeing myself in it.

Few other cool things I discovered here includes:
Essentialist!! What is this essentialist?? Its a kind of wrapper provided over the search... yes this is how I felt about it... actually in short its like well thought short and quick list of businesses that you need for many occasions and needs!
iLocal!! Yes this is another cool side of the service, if I have made any contributions I can see that and more interestingly world can see it!!

I love this service from yahoo! Do you?

Click here for related articles

No comments: